While reading a Horoscope the very first thing we look is how planets are related to each other. Any Rajyoga simple or special rajyoga and dhanyoga can only happen when planets are involved with each other and there are few ways planets makes relation with each other. Ideally, these relations should happen between auspicious house lords and malefic house lord shouldn’t make relation with these auspicious lord i.e. Kendra & Trine houses.
I have classified these planetary relations in two categories:
1. Major Ways Of Planetary Relationship
1.1.Conjunction Of Planets
The conjunction is most known and a frequent occurrence in horoscopes. Conjunction can be btw many planets but more than three or four planets making conjunction is kind of rare. The conjunction of two planets is the most common kind of conjunction in horoscopes.
You can see in example horoscope no.1. MOON and Venus are in 7th house, where Venus lord of 4th house and Venus is lord of 7th house itself.
1.2. Mutual Aspect Between Planets
The mutual aspect between planets is also a common occurrence and can happen in the following manners.
A. DIRECT MUTUAL ASPECT: Here, two planets are placed 7th house away from each other which means they are exactly opposite to each other. Check example horoscope no.2 where Saturn and Jupiter are in Mutual aspect creating Dharmakarmadhipati Yoga.
B. INDIRECT MUTUAL ASPECT: This applies to planets which have additional aspect i.e Jupiter, Mars and Saturn. Check example no 3. horoscope for a better understanding of Indirect mutual aspect.
Here Mars is in 6th house and Saturn is in 9th house.
Mars is aspecting Saturn via his 4th aspect and Saturn is aspecting Mars via its 10th aspect. This makes mutual aspect relation with them and is ignored by most beginners of astrology.
1.3. Kendra Relationship
Planets in Kendra, which means planets in conjunction, 4th house, 7th house and 10th house from each other will be related to each other and it is an advanced version of conjunction and mutual aspect.
This also is ignored by beginners of astrology and its importance can be understood from Gajakesari Yoga, where the vital conditions for it are Kendra relation between Moon and Jupiter. This explains why planets in the Kendra house are related to each other.
Check example horoscope NO.4 which belongs to Shri K.N Rao here Moon is in ascendant and Jupiter is in 10th house creating Gajakesari Yoga.
This Kendra relationship serves very well with the natural signification of planets like Moon-Venus in 1 – 10 from each other and will give benefits or career in the art field. Same way Mars in ascendant and Saturn in 10th is good for property. I have Mars in ascendant and Saturn in 10th house and I inherited a good amount of lands from my father.
1.4. Trine Relationship
Though not much popular in Parashar astrology but frequently used in Nadi astrology. Here, planets should be in trine with each other. Here, trine means 5th or 9th from each other.
In example horoscope no.5, Mars is in ascendant and Moon is in 9th house, which means Mars is 5th house away from Moon and Moon is 9 house away from Moon. Which makes Mars and Moon trine to each other.
1.5. Exchange Relationship
Also known as parivartan yoga, this is the strongest relationship two planets can have. This is quite easy to detect but requires skills to makes interpretation of them.
It is formed when two planets are in each other signs. Suppose Venus is in Virgo and Mercury is in Libra here, they are in each other sign and exchange relation will be established.
You can check Virat Kohli horoscope and can see exchange is happening between 9th and 10th lord creating DHARMA KARMADHIPATI YOGA.
The other famous example of exchange in horoscope belongs to the first female prime minister of India and you can see three exchange in her horoscope.
I have written a detailed article on the exchange between planets which you can refer for the complete understanding of it
1.6. Nakshatra Placement
The relation between planets are also very important and is used in giving results of dashas.
1. Planet occupying the constellation of a planet shall be considered related to that planet. Thus, when the Sun is in a constellation of Jupiter it may also give results that Jupiter indicates in the birth chart.
2. When two or more planets are placed in the same constellation of a planet, they would be related to each other. Suppose Venus and Jupiter are in Rohini constellation of the moon. Here, Venus and Jupiter shall be considered related to each other, though they may be in different signs.
So far, I have covered Major ways on how planets establish a relationship with each other and now I will be mentioning the minor ways in the following paragraph. These might be minor but still, are important especially in dasha results.
2. Indirect Ways For Planetary Relationship Between Planets
1. The owner of a sign projects an aspect to a planet placed his sign. For example, if Venus is placed in Pisces and Jupiter aspects it via 5th or 9th then Venus and Jupiter will be in relationship, where Jupiter will have total control on Venus.
Suppose here Venus is malefic and Jupiter is benefic then Jupiter can alter the bad results of Venus in Venus periods.
The second version of it is in the same tune but have different meaning while judging horoscope.
2. A planet in a sign projects an aspect to the owner of the sign. Let us take Mars in Taurus and Venus in Leo. Mars will project an aspect to Venus and this way there will be relation btw them.
- Two planets would be related if the depositor is in relation to the depositor of the other in the birth or navamsha chart. Let us suppose that Jupiter and Saturn are together in a sign. Let us also suppose that Rahu is placed in Pisces and the Moon is in Capricorn. Here, Rahu and Moon to be related to each other due to conjunction of Saturn and Jupiter.
- A planet placed in any sign in the navamsha chart, would be considered associated with any planet that occupies the same sign in the birth chart. Suppose Mars is in Libra in the navamsha chart. If Mercury is in Libra in the birth chart then Mars and Mercury would be considered in an association.
- A planet placed in a sign in the birth chart shall be considered associated with any planet that occupies that sign in the navamsha chart.
These are the ways planets make relation with each other and create yogas. Usually, we considered only major ways of planetary association but the minor ways are also important especially for making minute dasha predictions.
Sir coJunction of two planets and if planet in there sign are connected like mercury sun in conjunction and mars in virgo Venus in leo ?? So Venus and mars is connected?? And how to judge this association?? Plzz say
hello Sir, this is Himanshu Snigh Rajput;i am a piscean. as my lagna sign and sun sign is pisces and my moon sign is scorpio. i have exalted but retrograde venus in lagna at 25 degree. my lagna is of 20 degree and Sun is also in lagna at 1 degree.as i am march born piscean i.e. 15th march 1993 at 07:08 am at varanasi.my lagna lod jupiter is retrogradein 7th house hence venus and jupiter mutually aspecting each other. since both are retrograde thus whose effect will be more in my life? is venus is malefic for me? is jupiter grace will cause raj yoga in my life? what will be the effect of both retrograde planets aspecting each other????
Why nakshatra sequence started with Ketu. Venus sun……. Mercury. Like this? What is the mystery behind it.
Kaushik From Kolkata
Email – email@example.com
Thank you… very clearly explained