Questions regarding marriage is most frequent in astrology consultations and qualities of the spouse, both physical & mental are most exciting & interesting to know beforehand.
Let’s explore it through basic fundamental concepts of astrology.
In this article I will cover this broad topic of spouse astrology and since the 7th house represent spouse in a Horoscope, the focus of this article will be the 7th house and its lord.
In Vedic Astrology each zodiac & planets have their own characteristic for example Pisces is a dual sign, last of the moksha trine, soft speech, highly imaginative, good looking, short stature, prominent nose, round shoulder etc.
These aspects tend to modify due to the planetary association in a horoscope. Also, planetary affliction may lead to negative traits being pronounced. So, it is important to see if the 7th house and in good state or not.
Same way all planets and zodiacs have a long list of a characteristic which is unique to them and these characteristics gets imparted to humans based on their Planetary positions.
As per Vedic Astrology, your 7th house and its lord decide the basic results pertaining to marriage and spouse, although aspects, navamsa, D-60, upapada Lagna, nakshatra also have a say in the final result.
For appearance, nature, profession or mental setup or any other feature of the spouse we need to see the zodiac which rules over 7th house and the position of its lord.
Now the basic characteristic of that Zodiac will be present in your spouse, for example, if Aries sign rules over the 7th house then the spouse will be enterprising, incisive, spontaneous, daring, active, courageous and energetic.
It is well known that Aries dominated people are the proverbial infants, guileless and optimistic to the fault. However, they also are impatient, impetuous, vain, proud and egoistic, they may also be liable to come across as selfish, jealous, coarse, ruthless and violent.
Now as we know each zodiac have positive and negative qualities and here if zodiac lord of 7th house is auspiciously placed than positive qualities of that zodiac will be more pronounced in the spouse. These yoga have a good contribution to getting a good spouse.
Lets see how it is works and what kind of spouse comes when the 7th lord is placed in different zodiac signs.
Suppose, if the 7th lord is auspiciously placed in Fiery signs viz Aries, Leo, Sagittarius, then the spouse will be tall, good looking and will have a caring attitude towards you.
Fire sign rules over 1st,5th,9th house (trines) in kaalpurush zodiacs & are the significator of Dharma. Well-placed 7th lord in Fiery signs will give a spouse with a balanced approach towards life, the same time they will have high moral values. Religion is more important for them then philosophy & can be a hard taskmaster when it comes to following their religious practice.
They make good parents and wants their kids to follow their religion. Sometimes they can push their kids to make them excel over others. They are good in finance management and don’t spend on unnecessary things. They know where to stop while spending money & always have enough funds for emergencies.
Same way if 7th lord is posted in Air signs Gemini, Libra, Aquarius then the spouse will be tall, good-looking, dynamic, sharp & will have a positive but materialistic approach towards life. Here spouse will be very social & outgoing and they love to be around many people.
Because of their intelligence, they are expert in managing time between work & family. They make excellent parents especially considering the present era. They encourage their kids for sports & studies equally and want them to do good in their own life. They are good in finance management and always have money for emergencies. They love to spend on family outgoings.
In earth signs Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn spouse will be medium tall in height, average looking & will have a calculative approach towards life & relationship. They make an excellent breadwinner & give more time to work. Most of the times marriage for them is a contract between two individuals & they can be cruel towards you due to their highly practical approach. They can be jealous of their relatives and neighbors.
They make good parents but are strict when it comes to studies of their children. They want their kids to follow the norms laid by the society, doesn’t matter if its wrong or not good for the overall development of their own children’s.
They are very aware of what they are spending for and have a tendency to hoard money. Their finance management is good for themselves but can irritate their better half or kids by being a miser sometimes.
In water signs Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces spouse might be of medium height, soft, speech, romantic, dreamy, imaginative & will have a unique philosophical approach towards life & relationship. Though their impractical approach towards life & social duties can disturb their relationships with their spouse.
If you’re dominated by Earth signs then clashes are bound to happen. They are caring for relationships and can easily understand your needs. They make good parents and impart their knowledge to their kids. They don’t push their kids and allow them to follow their own dreams. They are not good at managing finance and have a tendency of spending over their limits. Usually, they will never have enough funds for emergencies.
There is Yoga like manglik yoga which can affect marriage but it should not be applied blindly.
Let's decode the various aspects of the spouse starting from profession.
Profession Of Spouse Via Astrology
In Vedic astrology, there is a concept of bhavat bhavam and as per that, if we count the 10th house from the 7th house of the spouse then we will land on the 4th house.
This means the 4th house is generally seen for the spouse profession in a Natal birth chart.
In order to make a prediction on the nature of the spouse’s profession and to know if the spouse will be rich or not, this 4th house and its lord is very important to analyze.
This house becomes double important because, in astrology, the 4th house shows luxury, cars, gadgets, real estate, and material assets.
So if you marry someone rich, your own life will become luxurious and comfortable.
If in a female Horoscope, the 4th house is well placed like in exalted state, in pushkar navamsa or in benefic planetary association then the Husband will be rich and will lead to the betterment in lifestyle for her.
Same way for a male auspicious 4th house and its lord leads to a wife with a good income.
Though in a male Horoscope, the role of the 8th house becomes important to know if the family of the wife will be from a rich family or not.
The same 8th house and its lord will decide the number of funds the Man will be getting from his wife’s family. So some additional rules will come into play if we want to know about rich husband in a Horoscope of females.
The 4th house gives a primary glimpse on the profession and the status of the of the spouse.
Lets see a example Horoscope where the application of rules mentioned above is seen.
The Horoscope given below is of Sonia Gandhi, who is the wife of Late Shri Rajeev Gandhi was a vibrant Prime Minister of India.
Despite, Sonia Gandhi was from a humble background, her spouse was the most power man in India and rich also. Her Horoscope is given below.
As you can see that the 7th house Saturn is placed in the 1st house which is good for having a spouse from a good background.
Then you can see that, her 4th & 11th house lord Venus in own sign of Libra and is making a union with auspicious 5th house lord Jupiter.
This is a excellent Rajyoga and shows a Spouse who is almost a King.
The method of finding the spouse from the 4th house of the Horoscope can be misleading sometimes. So best is to consult the navamsa also because it is a very important divisional chart and have a major role in married life.
Let's see in detail on the judgment of spouse profession from the navamsa.
Spouse Profession From Navamsa
Navamsa is the most important divisional chart in whole Vedic astrology.
One of its main usages is to decode details of the spouse.
And, Spouse profession is one of the main area which can be known by this.
Let's see how Navamsa can help to find profession of spouse and how it can be used to know the status and wealth prospects also.
In order to know this following house spouse be analyzed:
- First house of Navamsa.
- Fourth house of Navamsa.
- Seventh house of Navamsa.
- Tenth house of Navamsa.
You must have noticed that all of the houses mentioned above are Kendra house which are known as the Vishnu house in astrology and are most important in any division chart.
Technically 10th house is the strongest Kendra house.
If we follow the guidelines, navamsa is your spouse than the 10th house of navamsa should indicate the career of spouse. Which means here while checking the profession of spouse, 10th house should be given most importance.
As per Vedic astrology texts, navamsa can be used in finding the career for native also. Which means both native and natives spouse career can be the same and we do see that a lot now a days.
This is just a general way to see things.
Don't forget planetary placements and their association matters the most. Plus what dasha is the native and his spouse is in also have a important say in career and professional prospects.
After the 10th house equal importance should be given to the 1st and 7th house of the navamsa and an assessment should be made on the sign rising and planets placed in there.
In the end, the role of the 4th house comes into play which actually can be a deciding factor. I saw in many places people have given full importance over the 4th house while de lining the spouse profession which is actually wrong.
You can not ignore the 1st, 7th and 10th house while doing so.
Let's see the probable professions denoted by planets when placed or associated with one of these houses in navamsa.
Note: You will have to judge carefully and make an analysis on which house is strongest among these four mentioned houses, the particular planet placed there will have a strong say in judging the career of the spouse.
1. Planet Sun: When Sun is placed in any of these houses then the spouse profession can of a government worker and if other factors are supportive then a good position in government like Political post, IAS, IPS, or PSC is indicated. Planet Sun rules over other professions also like businesses related to wood, timber supplier, and theater owner. If Sun is influenced by Mars or Ketu then the spouse's profession can be related to an Arms dealer or supplier.
2. Planet Moon: In astrology Moon is also a royal planet and when well associated it indicates minister ship as a spouse profession. An adviser, pearl trader, cosmetic, business related to milk, sailor, nurse, hotels owner, tour & travels, waiter, catering, fisherman, flowers, garments. The influence of planet Rahu over the Moon shows spouse's profession in acid, chemicals, and poison. The influence of planet Venus over the Moon shows cinema, music composers, and business in music equipment.
3. Planet Mars: When Mars is connected to these houses then the spouse's profession can be a policeman, army personnel, real estate agent, owner of land, barber, surgeon, chemist, or butcher. If Mars is under the influence of Rahu then illegal arms dealing or mafia can be predicted. If Jupiter is influencing Mars then the profession of the spouse can be a lawyer.
4. Planet Mercury: If Mercury is placed in these houses then the career of the spouse can be of a writer, publisher, chess master, astrologer, interpretation, language teacher, or orator. If Mars is influencing Mercury then the profession of a spouse can be a chemistry teacher or civil engineer. If Saturn is influencing Mercury then the spouse's profession can be related to theater.
5. Planet Jupiter: If planet Jupiter is placed in these houses then the profession of a spouse can be related to banking, chanting mantra, money lender, Sanskrit teacher, or head of a religious institution. If Mars is influencing Jupiter then the spouse can be a good lawyer by profession. If Saturn is influencing Jupiter then the profession of a spouse can be of a politician whose ideals are strong.
6. Planet Venus: If planet Venus is placed in these houses then the profession of a spouse can be related to arts, cinema, beautician, trader, flower seller, entertainer, photography, cartoonist, hair stylist, poet, painter, art dealer, collector, perfumes.
7. Planet Saturn: If Saturn is connected to these houses then the profession of the spouse can be a jailor, judge, miner, plumber, labor, watchman, shoemaker, road construction, estate manager, undertaker.
8. Planet Rahu: When Planet Rahu is placed or in association with these houses then the spouse profession can be a jailor, gambler, liquor dealer, petrol pump owner, gang member, airline pilot, astronaut, event manager, air steward, electrician.
9. Planet Ketu: When the planet Ketu is related to these houses can the profession of a spouse can be related to the monastery, foreign language, occult activities, computers, horse breeding, magician, or street performer.
Now once you have figure out the profession for the spouse, it becomes important to see the quantum of wealth which spouse can bring in your life.
Status Of Spouse-Rich Husband/Wife
Our classic text has given subtle hints regarding the status of the spouse. Compare the strength of the 1st and 7th house.
1st house represents you and 7th lord denotes your spouse. If the 7th lord is powerful than 1st house lord then the spouse will be of higher status.
Also, the presence of raja yoga in navamsa also results in the spouse from the rich background.
Following rules should be checked in order to check if you will get a rich spouse.
Check Rajyoga and Dhanyoga in your navamsa, if strong Rajyoga and Dhanyog are present in your navamsa then your spouse will be rich.
In general words, Rajyoga takes formation by the association of 1st,4th, 5th, 7th, 9th and 10th houses and their lords.
- Lagan lord mutually related to any of the lords of 4th, 5th, 7th, 9th, and 10th.
- Fourth lord mutually related to any of the lords,5th,7th,9th and 10th.
- Seventh lord mutually related to any of the lord 5th or 9th houses.
- Tenth lord mutually related to any of the 5th or 9th houses.
Note: the relation between 9th and 10th house is the best Rajyoga.
Such kind of Rajyoga in navamsa with the involvement of 7th house or its lord can give a famous spouse.
A relation between 5th and 10th is also strong but not as strong as 9th and 10th house lords combination.
For example, in your navamsa, there might be the relation between 4th house and 9th house or between 7th house and 9th house.
This will be called as a Rajyoga in navamsa.
Rajyoga is not limited to these house relation only, there are some complex rajyoga which take place with certain planetary alignments like Vishnu Yoga etc.
I have done a separate series on these special Rajyoga, which you can follow and apply on your horoscope and navamsha.
If these Rajyoga are present in navamsha then your spouse will definitely be from a good status and will hold a good position in life.
Similarly relation between 2nd and 11th house lord with 1st,5th and 9th creates dhanyog in a horoscope and also check these in your navamsa too.
Also, placement of 7th lord in upachaya(growth) house is also an indicator of the spouse with a heavy pocket or heavier than yours.
For working spouse, check in your birth chart if 7th house is making a connection with 2nd, 10th or 11th.
Not so long ago working spouse was not common in India but with modern needs of society, we can see women working in many fields and earning better than their spouses.
Sometimes it might happen that things contradict in D-1 and D-9.
It means your birth chart might show working spouse but in D-9 combinations are not supportive for same. In such cases, it indicates that spouse will have a job but with lower or medium salary which is applicable to 90% of our Indian population.
Now, what if D-1 does not show working spouse but D-9 holds clues for same. Then in such cases spouse will have a job but good progress will come slowly with time.
If combination exists in both D-1 and D-9 then it indicates a spouse with a good earning profession.
This example can be used for Status of the spouse.
Let's see the example of Bill Clinton, his wife Hillary Clinton is one of the most powerful people on whole earth.
It’s all due to Pisces sign in 7th house of Bill Clinton horoscope.
It’s lord Jupiter is in Libra sign which gives good looks to her.
Now we have to consider the aspect of Mars and Venus over Bill Clinton’s 7th house also. Both Mars and Venus are in Virgo sign where Venus gets debilitated and Mars also don’t feel good in Virgo.
This combination made Bill Clinton image very controversial and affected their marriage too. Though Mars and Venus aspect over 7th of Bill Clinton made her successful, courageous and lucky. You can see from his horoscope how Hillary was successful in her life.
How To Predict Appearance Of Spouse
In order to judge the appearance of spouse like looks, hairs, height, body type and color of skin etc. You need to focus on which sign is rising in the 7th house, the sign rising in the 7th house will be decided by the ascendant of the Horoscope.
For example, Virgo ascendant natives have Pisces sign in their 7th house and the spouse will primarily dominated by sign Pisces and its lord Jupiter. Now to make this exercise easy, I have adopted a different approach here.
I have listed things in a way so that, it can be easy for you to decode the looks of your spouse. You will be able to know if the spouse will be beautiful or not.
Starting with the Face of the spouse.
Facial Feature Of Spouse
Face is the foremost thing that creates an impression and beauty is mostly defined by Face only.
A face comprises eyes, nose, lips, eyebrows cheekbones, and color of the skin. Together they form a particular look for an individual.
So here we will take each one of them separately.
1. Shape Of Face- In general, there are 7 types of facial shapes for both men and women, which are as follows:
Now in order to see the shape of the face of your future spouse, you need to see which zodiac sign is rising in the 7th house.
The following face type is indicated by the signs in the 7th house:
1. If the Aries sign is in the 7th house then the shape of your spouse's face will be Triangle.
2. If the Taurus sign is in the 7th house then the shape of your spouse's face will be Diamond.
3. If the Gemini sign is in the 7th house then the shape of your spouse's face will be Heart shape.
4. If the Cancer sign is in the 7th house then the shape of your spouse's face will be Round.
5. If Leo's sign is in the 7th house then the shape of your spouse's face will be Diamond.
6. If the Virgo sign is in the 7th house then the shape of your spouse's face will be Rectangle.
7. If the Libra sign is in the 7th house then the shape of your spouse's face will be Triangle.
8. If the Scorpio sign is in the 7th house then the shape of your spouse's face will be round.
9. If the Sagittarius sign is in the 7th house then the shape of your spouse's face will be Triangle.
10. If the Capricorn sign is in the 7th house then the shape of your spouse's face will be Round.
11. If Aquarius sign is in the 7th house then the spouse will have heart shaped face.
12. If the Pisces sign is in the 7th house then the spouse will have Oval shape face.
Now you will have to see the planetary association of the 7th house and its lord.
The placement of any planet in the 7th house will influence the shape of the spouse's face further.
1. Planet Mars placement in the 7th house gives a triangle-shaped face.
2. Planet Sun's placement in the 7th house gives a diamond shape face.
3. Planet Moon placement in the 7th house gives a round face.
4. Planet Mercury's placement in the 7th house gives an oval shape face.
5. Planet Jupiter's placement in the 7th house gives a rectangular shaped face.
6. Planet Venus placement in the 7th house gives a triangle shaped face.
7. Planet Saturn's placement in the 7th house gives a Square shape face.
8. Planet Rahu's placement in the 7th house gives Heart shape face.
9. Planet Ketu's placement in the 7th house gives Triangle shape face.
You will have to carefully judge everything because there can be more than one planet's influence over the 7th house or its lord.
This exercise above define looks in a major way.
It is the most important factor to know the looks of the future spouse.
Accordingly, other features of the face like eyes, etc. are decided and the same time the body type also.
Let's see what placements give one a spouse with beautiful eyes.
2. Eyes Of Spouse- Eyes are always praised in terms of their impact and their effect on us.
Now in order to see if the eyes of the spouse will be attractive and beautiful.
You need to see, the 2nd house in Navamsa mainly.
Influence in form of placement of aspect shows the beautiful eyes of the spouse.
3. Skin Type Of Spouse: I won't discuss the skin color here but rather the skin type. Skin type means the quality of the skin, like healthy-looking skin with fewer marks, glowing skin which looks hydrated, etc.
For this, you need to see if Moon, Venus, or Mercury are making associations with the 7th house or its lord in the Natal and Navamsa chart.
4. Hair Type Of Spouse: In order to check the hair type of your future spouse, you need to see the dosha of the planets as per the ayurveda.
The dosha of the sign ruling in the 7th house, the dosha of the sign where the 7th house lord is placed, and the dosha of the planet placed in the 7th house decide the type of hair for the spouse.
There are mainly the following types of hair:
- Stick straight
- Big curls
- Small curls
If Kapha dosha dominates the most then the spouse will have big curls.
If the Kapha dosha and Vatta dominates are present at the same time then the hairs will be having small curls.
If Pitta dominates all the way then the hairs of the spouse will be stick straight.
If Pitta and Vata dominate together, then the hair of the spouse will be straight.
There are many permutations and combinations and you need to make a careful assessment of this.
The placement of Moon in the 7th house in either Natal or Navamsa indicates the curly hairs of the spouse.
Spouse of wavy hair types is seen when Venus and Moon are influencing the 7th house in Natal or Navamsa.
Body Shape & Type
Now I will mention the Body of the future spouse as per the placement of planets in the Horoscope.
The first step here is to judge the shape and type of body.
Remember genetics plays a role here and you need to see the average height of the country from where the client is from.
The influence of hot and dry planets like Mars, Sun, Rahu, Saturn, and Ketu in the 7th house or their association with the 7th house lord gives one a spouse of tall height.
Also, in such a case, the spouse will be skinny also and will be muscular and won't have a tendency to gain weight.
Whereas planets like Moon, Jupiter in the 7th house or in association with the 7th house lord gives a spouse with short height and same time with a tendency to gain body weight.
Venus and Mercury association with the 7th house or with the lord of the 7th house give a spouse with balanced height and body type. The spouse will be of good height and will amazing attractive personality and will not be fat or too skinny.
There can be a situation where too many planets are influencing the 7th house or its lord in Natal or Navamsa.
In such a case you need to give importance to the strongest planet of all and that planet will impart its feature to the spouse mostly.
Color Of Spouse Via Astrology
Though the color of human doesn’t matter, what matters most is good values and behavior in a relationship.
Now color of the spouse is a big stigma in some countries and we don’t need to go far to see that.
This color factor is always a cause of stress to our ladies of India.
No surprise tv commercial is full of whitening creams and the matrimonial section of the newspaper are quite amusing while giving a description of brides.
Though such compulsion is not applicable to men unless salary criteria are up to mark.
In order to find the color of spouse female should check their Jupiter placement and males should analysis their Venus placement.
Benefic influence of Moon and placement of Venus or Jupiter in the sign of Taurus, Cancer, Libra and to some extent Pisces gives a spouse with a fair complexion.
The Same concept should be applied to the seventh house and its lord also, the strongest of the seventh house, seventh lord and Venus will decide the complexion of the spouse.
Influence of Saturn, Rahu or Ketu over them results in the dark complexion of spouse.
Let's see a example.
We can look into Barack Obama’s astrology horoscope to see the physical appearance of his spouse, (Michelle Obama).
Rahu is an Airy planet and gives the tall appearance, also Rahu makes teeth/jaw as a prominent feature on the face.
Michelle Obama has a prominent jaw which is due to Rahu aspect on 7th house of Barack Obama.
If this Rahu was under planetary affliction than it would have given her gaps in her teeth.
Let's see one more example here.
It belongs to Shahrukh Khan.
The 7th house lord is placed in the 7th house and it means planet Saturn is dominating the 7th house.
There is a aspect of Jupiter over the 7th house and all these indicate a beautiful dusky spouse.
An auspicious aspect of Mars & Jupiter makes his marriage very successful, despite all the odds at the beginning of their love affair.
This is how you can check the various aspects of your future spouse and make sure you pay a special attention to navamsa.
How To Check The Nature Of Spouse
As mentioned earlier the 7th house is the prime house to delineate the feature and characteristic of the spouse.
Any planet placed in 7th house will affect the nature, character, habits, looks and health of the spouse.
Here in 7th house, each of the nine planets will bring mold the spouse of the native as per their natural signification and a broad idea of spouse characteristic can be obtained by looking at the planet in 7th house.
Let's see what features and various characteristic of spouse with the placement of various planet in 7th house.
Every placement have its two sides, good or bad and depending on the sign in the 7th house and association of other planets the natural results will modify.
1. Planet Sun In 7th House & Spouse Characteristic: Planet Sun is mild malefic in Vedic astrology and in 7th house will bring a spouse of dominating and egoistic nature. Sun here will bring a very independent and outgoing spouse who will love the idea of personal space which can affect marriage negatively.
This placement brings a spouse of different caste or even from a different religion. Generally this placement is not considered as good for relationship but a lot depends on the zodiac sign in the 7th house where planet Sun is placed.
Sun in 7th house is good only when the sign in 7th house is Aries, Gemini, Leo or Sagittarius. In such scenario it brings a spouse with good understanding and emotional maturity to handle the crises of life and needs of the spouse.
It gives a balanced spouse who loves to take care of family and bring a quality of making good neighbor to the people in society.
2. Planet Moon In 7th House & Spouse Characteristic: Moon is a natural benefic and is considered as good in 7th house. It brings a spouse of bubbly and playful nature and blessed the spouse with a sweet voice and charming personality.
The spouse will be sensitive & emotional and there will be quality to understand the needs of the spouse deeply. This position of Moon bring a spouse who love the idea of cooking together and eating together.
The spouse would love the vacations and family dinners. Spouse will be fond of gems and jewelry and will love to do self care. Generally it brings a spouse of younger age and from a good family background.
But if Moon is debilitated like in case of Taurus ascendant and is having a association with Rahu or Mars than the native have to be on his toes all the time. This can lead to a spouse who will be immensely jealous by nature and can cheat in relationship.
3. Planet Mars In 7th House & Spouse Characteristic: Mars is a hardcore natural malefic and in 7th house creates Manglik Yoga. Mars here will bring a aggressive spouse who would love to quarrel on small small things.
Spouse will be dominating and will try to oppress the native. Association of Venus with Mars here will lead to extramarital affairs of the spouse or the native itself.
Mars is always considered as negative in 7th house but if Mars is placed in sign of Aries or Scorpio than the negative characteristic won't be present in the spouse.
In these two signs planet Mars will bring a caring spouse who will fulfil the needs and desires of the native.
4. Planet Mercury In 7th House & Spouse Characteristic: Mercury is a natural benefic and in 7th house gives a very caring spouse. The spouse would love to talk and share ideas and will make a bond with the native like a true friend.
Very good communication the spouse will posses and same time will be intuitive towards the needs of the native. This placement makes the natives lucky in marriage provided Mercury is not afflicted by Ketu or Mars.
5. Planet Jupiter In The 7th House & Spouse Characteristic: Jupiter is the biggest benefic planet and in 7th house brings a very peaceful and calm spouse who would not want to involve in quarrels.
Spouse will be spiritual and will follow the religious practices with lots of discipline.Jupiter benefic influence will lead to a spouse who will understand the responsibilities and will take of the native and kids properly. The native gets lucky after the marriage and spouse bring the luck factor in overall stability.
6. Planet Venus In 7th House & Spouse Characteristic: Venus the karaka of love and care when placed in 7th house bring a very romantic and lusty partner. The spouse will be fond of arts and music and would love to dress nicely.
Spouse will know how to attract wealth and can be materialistic by nature. Generally with Venus in 7th house, a calm and peaceful spouse comes in life and married life generally stable.
But any affliction over this Venus by planet Mars can lead to extra marital affairs by the spouse or native itself.
7. Planet Saturn In 7th House & Spouse Characteristic: Saturn is a serious planet and when placed in 7th house brings a spouse who have a clear focus on life goals and priority.
The Spouse will be hard work and persistence by nature. Generally it leads to either late marriage or spouse of older age or spouse can be of older looks.
If Saturn is in sign of Aries or if afflicted in 7th house via Rahu or Ketu than the spouse will get sick quite often and will be having bone related issues.
8. Planet Rahu In 7th House & Spouse Characteristic: Rahu is a shadow planet and in 7th house brings spouse from a different caste or religion. The spouse will be outspoken and will have a very deceiving nature. Spouse will lie quite often and will have tendency to drink or do drugs.
Note: If Rahu is under influence of benefic planets than above mentioned results won't pass, rather the spouse will be hold authority and will be caring towards the native.
9. Planet Ketu In 7th House & Spouse Characteristic: This can be a tough position to have because Ketu is separative in nature and tends to creates issues in marriage due to cold nature of the spouse and lack of emotional empathy.
Spouse will be cunning if Ketu is under influence of Mars and may lie a lot.
If benefic association is happening with Ketu than the spouse will be spiritual and will be into occult but still for a stable marital bond the required mindset won't be available to the spouse.
Caring & Loving Spouse
Love and Care in any relationship are seen through karaka of that relation.
For example, Sun is karaka for father, if weak or afflicted it results in bad relation with father or miscommunication between them.
Similarly, if you want to know whether your spouse will be loving or caring then check following parameters.
1. Venus is karaka of wife and Jupiter is for Husband, when well placed and under auspicious connection, especially by 1st, 4th, 5th, 7th and 9th house lords, then your spouse will take care of your needs and there will be mutual love and care.
2. Check the condition of your 7th house because it rules over marriage and related affairs. 7th house should ideally be free from the malefic influence of 6th,8th, and 12th lord.
Especially from the 6th lord influence of 6th house lord influence can make spouse cruel in nature, same holds true for malefic like Mars and Ketu when they afflict your 7th house or its lord.
For more information on marital disharmony check how to identify issues in marriage.
3. Navamsa should also be checked since it’s a chart which works in micro level and is used to delineate marriage affairs.
Repeat step no 1 and 2 in navamsa also.
If 60% of above factors comes positive then your spouse will take good care of you and you will not face issues in marriage, though if the combination for marital issues are in the Horoscope then depending on the dasha the intensity will be there. But, yes if spouse have caring attitude towards you then it is always a blessing.
Let's see a example Horoscope here, and it is of Shahrukh Khan.
They are married for over 20 years and are still strong together despite the nature of his work.
His wife married him when he was not a star and it is very natural she supported him and have a huge role in his success.
In his Horoscope, the 7th house lord is well placed in own sign, the karaka of Venus is under the Auspicious aspect of planet Jupiter from the 11th house.
It is the condition of the 7th house, the karaka of marriage Venus which gave him a good understanding spouse.
How To Check The Timing Of Meeting Spouse
In Vedic astrology there are ways to see when one will be able to find or meet the future spouse.
This can be seen through the dasha and transit.
Generally one meet the future spouse when the dasha of auspicious 5th house lord, planet placed in 5th house or the planet who is aspecting the 5th house.
Same way one meet the future spouse when the dasha of the lord of the 7th house, planet placed in 7th house or the planet in association with the 7th house is running.
When the transit of Venus or Jupiter is happening over the 5th house or if their aspect is falling over the 5th house, than the native meets the future spouse.
Similarly when the transit of the 5th house lord is happening over the 1st or 7th house than the native can meet the future spouse.
Once you found the spouse it is important to match the Horoscope and you can check the new guide where I have mentioned various important steps for it.
Frequently Asked Questions
For a male planet, Venus is the karaka of the spouse whereas for a female planet Jupiter is the karaka of the husband.
In order to know the spouse, an analysis should be done on the 7th house and its lord. The placement of planets in the 7th house and the placement of the 7th house lord will give a major indication of the spouse. It is important to keep an eye on the planet Venus and Jupiter also because they are the karakas of spouse for males and females respectively.
The 7th house in both natal and navamsa gives an indication of a spouse plus the 2nd house in Upapada Lagana also.
If the 7th house have benefic influence, especially by planets like Venus, Jupiter, Moon, or Mercury then the Husband will be handsome.
To know the type of Job and professional details of the spouse. The role of the 7th and 4th house in the natal Horoscope is important. Depending on the planetary influence over these houses the profession of the spouse is decided.
The natal chart followed by navamsa gives details on the spouse. You can judge looks, nature, profession, and each and every aspect of the spouse from these charts.
In order to know the color of the spouse, you need to see the condition of the 7th house and its lord. Also, check the influence of nakshatra on them. In navamsa, you will have to see the planetary influence on the 1st house.
Curious On How Your Spouse Will Look Like?
I Can Help You With That, All You Need To Do Is Order A Report For This.