Pushkar navamsa and Pushkar bhaga are one of the topics which are not covered much anywhere.
We keep hearing these two terms but can’t find much information on these two.
One of the main reasons why it’s not very much used or sometimes overlooked completely is due to the fact that in BPHS or other astrological work nothing much is given about it.
Whereas in nadi classics like Devakeralam and by authors like Vidya Madhav, it is used quite frequently.
In fact, they are used quite freely in Devakeralam.
In modern astrological era only late C.S Patel has given some information on them.
Here I will try to highlight on them as best of my ability.
PUSHKAR word means “blue lotus” in Sanskrit and many of you might be familiar with a city name Pushkar in Rajasthan where the only temple of Lord Brahma exists.
Also one more important things which I like to include is that so far “there is not much information available on how it is used in predictive astrology” though using them for election astrology is quite simple”
Pushkar navamsha are auspicious navamsa ruled only by benefic planets and when planets placed there behaves in auspicious manner.
It is a particular navamsa in a sign where planets behaves in auspicious manner.
As we all know one navamsha spans for 3° 20″ and for easy reference you can check below to identify in which zodiac and degrees, a planet gets Pushkar navamsha status.
- ARIES: Any planet in Aries sign in 20° 00″ to 23° 20″ will be in Pushkar navamsha.Here planet will be in Libra Navamsa which is ruled by natural benefic Venus. Same way, any planet in Aries sign from 26° 40″ to 30° 00″ will have Sagittarius Navamsa which is ruled by the planet Jupiter and is a Pushkar Navamsha. So if you want to check if any planet is in PUSHKAR NAVAMSA in your chart then check planets in Aries sign(if any) and their degrees, if they fall in degrees as mentioned above then it is in PUSHKAR NAVAMSA.
Same way for other zodiacs.
- TAURUS: Planets in 6° 40″ to 10° 00″ and 13° 20″ to 16° 40″ will fall in Pisces & Taurus signs in navamsa.
- GEMINI: Planets in 16° 40″ to 20° 00″ and 23° 20″ to 26° 40″ will fall in Pisces & Taurus sign in navamsa.
- CANCER: Planets in 00° 00″ to 3° 20″ and 06° 40″ to 10° 00″ will fall in Cancer & Virgo sign in navamsa.
- LEO: Planets in 20° 00″ to 23° 20″ and 26° 40″ to 30° 00″ will fall in Libra & Sagittarius sign in navamsa.
- VIRGO: Planets in 06° 40″ to 10° 00″ and 13° 20″ to 16° 40″ will fall in Pisces & Tauras sign in navamsa.
- LIBRA: Planets in 16° 40″ to 20° 00″ and 23° 20″ and 26° 40″ will fall in Pisces & Tauras sign in navamsha.
- SCORPIO: Planets in 00° 00″ to 3° 20″ and 06° 40″ to 10° 00″ will fall in Cancer & Virgo sign in navamsa.
- SAGITTARIUS: Planets in 20° 00″ and 23° 20″ and 26° 40″ to 30° 00″ will fall in Libra and Sagittarius sign in navamsa.
- CAPRICORN: Planets in 06° 40″ to 10° 00″ and 13° 20″ to 16° 40″ will fall in Pisces & Taurus sign in navamsa.
- AQUARIUS: Planets in 16° 40″ to 20° 00″ and 23° 20″ and 26° 40″ will fall in Pisces & Taurus sign in navamsa.
- PISCES: Planets in 00° 00″ to 3° 20″ and 06° 40″ to 10° 00″ will fall in Cancer & Virgo sign in navamsha.
You can see that all 24 Pushkar Navamsha belongs to Benefic planets only where Taurus and Pisces hold the maximum 6 each.
Whereas Cancer, Virgo, Libra, and Sagittarius holds 3 Pushkar Navamsha.
Pisces is last sign in natural zodiac scheme whereas Tauras is the second sign in natural zodiac scheme and both these signs are adjacent to ascendant.
This is my guess on why these two signs hold the half of the Pushkar Navamsha.
Also, they are the two best benefic sign in astrology.
Whereas Pushkar bhaga is exact degrees in zodiacs which are as follows:
- Exact 21st degree of fire sign Aries, Leo and Sagittarius.
- Exact 14th degree of Taurus
- Virgo, and Capricorn.
- Exact 24th degree of Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius.
- Exact 7th degree of Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces.
You can easily feel that use of Pushkar Navamsha is more convenient in predictions then Pushkar Bhaga because of birth time error factor.
Now the question is how to use them in predictions.
There is verse in texts which have given high regards to Pushkar Navamsha.
Like in Jataka Parijata chapter 7 verse 25.
“When Jupiter and Mars are in union and same time Moon is in Vargottam or Pushkar Navamsha the person rules over masses”
Here we can see Pushkar Navamsha is considered equal to Vargottam planet.
Same way there are Rajyoga where Pushkar Navamsha is a must condition.
1. If ascendant is in Pushkar Navamsa then the native achieve high success in life.
As seen in NTR Rao he have ascendant in PUSHKAR NAVAMSA and was a successful actor and politician whom masses loved dearly)
2. When the lord of 5th or 9th or 10th house is in Pushkar Navamsa then the person achieve good success in their Dasha.
3. Planets in Pushkar Navamsha are the good giver and makes one reach good success in their Dasha.
4. When all planets are in Pushkar Navamsa then the person rules over the world or is akin to a king in the current world can be considered as the powerful politician.
Apart from these Devakeralam have stated some yogas based on Pushkar Navamsa which are as follows.
5. As if aMoon, Mars, and Jupiter are in Pushkar Navamsha then it makes a person very successful.
6. When Jupiter being 10th lord(Gemini or Pisces ascendant) is placed in the 2nd house and the same time is making the relationship with Mars creates “chamar yoga” and the person gets all success at an early age.
7.When Jupiter is in Pushkar Navamsha and 10th house or its lord is making a relationship with Mars and same time if the person is born in champak nadyana then the native remains lucky all through his life and gets success in all ventures of life.
8. Jupiter in Kendra or trikona house and the same time in Pushkar Navamsha makes one very lucky.
Why Pushkar Navamsha is auspicious can be understood from the fact that they belong to natural benefics like Jupiter, Venus, Moon, and Mercury. But there are other factors also which make them very auspicious and needs to be decoded as praised in texts.
One more observation on this regard is that there are no Pushkar Navamsa in the second AMSA of any sign which is 03° 20″ to 06° 40″ and fourth AMSA which ranges from 10° 00″ to 13° 20″ whereas the third navamsha of any sign which ranges from 06° 40″ to 10° 00″ holds 6 Pushkar Navamsha.
Above para can be said like this also,2nd and 4th pada of any of nakshtra don’t have any Pushkar Navamsha in them.
From all this, it is quite evident that there not much info is given on Pushkar Navamsha and how it can be used in predictions. But their importance can’t be denied and planets in Pushkar Navamsha should be given some advantage.
Like in my own case my 6th lord Sun is in 8th house debilitated, though have strong Neechabhanga and Sun should have given bad results to me in its period especially regarding health. But I never felt that healthy in my life before during my one year of Sun antardasha, also I made my website during this same Sun period.
There were some deep spiritual events happened with me during this time and most importantly I got married in the middle of the Sun period.
Though with Such placement of 6th lord, it should have given severe health issues to me.
Apart from that why I always wanted to do research on this topic because Sun, Mars, Jupiter, and Rahu are in Pushkar Navamsa in my chart and so far I have experienced life very different than others with some success and lots of mystical experiences.
Pushkar Navamsha seems to enhance the spiritual quality of planets for sure.
It’s like Planets are taking Holly dips in Holly river just like we humans do, to get spiritual benefits of it and here in Pushkar Navamsha planets quality get enhanced immensely.
Now examples with planets in Pushkar Navamsha.
1. N.T Ramarao the famous actor and politician had Ascendant, Moon, Jupiter and Ketu in Pushkar Navamsha.
He became chief minister if Andhra Pradesh in where Ketu is in PUSHKAR NAVAMSHA and Mercury is vargottama.
2. Mega Star Amitabh Bachchan have Jupiter and Venus in Pushkar Navamsha. His Venus is in 8th house and is debilitated but Pushkar Navamsha placement overcomes this weakness of Venus.
3. Late prime minister V.P Singh had Jupiter and Saturn in Pushkar Navamsha.
You can look at more charts and can observe how Pushkar Navamsa helps to alleviate the weakness of planets in D-1.
Hence you can see how PUSHKAR NAVAMSA & PUSHKAR BHAGA can be used in astrology.